Cannot download anything from the internet – Security Settings Too High

Name: Steve Miller

I cant download anything off the internet. for example i am trying to download the expansion for world of warcraft and the computer gives me a little pop up that says that my security settings are too high to download the thing.  same thing with yahoo messanger.  i have deleted my security program and even payed online for some guys to tell me what to do.  still no help.  i have enabled automatic prompting and allowed for downloads and everything.   i even shut off my firewall to see if that would work but still nothing.  please help.

First off, it’d be helpful to know what browser you’re using. This is probably something as simple as turning down the security settings in Internet Explorer, which is what I’ll assume you’re using.

To begin, load Internet Explorer. Click Tools->Internet Options->Security once on that page, you’ll need to go through each of the options Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites and reset them to Default Level.

IE6 Security Settings Dialog

You will then want to click Apply. In order to ensure that IE is allowing downloads, then click on the Internet icon and then Custom Level. Scroll down a bit in the Zone Settings dialog and make sure that File Download is set to Enable.

IE6 Zone Security Settings

Click OK once you’ve ensured that File Downloads are enabled.

You’ll also want to double-check the Trusted sites and Restricted sites lists to make sure there aren’t any sites in either of them that you don’t want to be there.

If for some reason that doesn’t work, you can always download FireFox from a different computer, copy it onto a USB drive, and then install it on your current system. You may also want to scan for viruses to make sure that some malware isn’t screwing with your settings.

122 Comments

1. Shannon says:

this still did’nt solve my problem, my computer still will NOT download anything, it won’t even download a virus scan! Please help me! If you have any answers please e-mail me @ smazcaeagle08@yahoo.com

Thanks!

2. Lane says:

Did you ever get an answer to your problems? I am running win98se and I. E. 5. I cannot download anything from the internet and cannot connect to Microsoft to download I. E. 6.

Any help will help.

Thanks
    Lane

3. Dave says:

I have been dealing with the same problem for the last week or so. I tried using Firefox (emailed it to myself) but that was no better. On a whim I un installed the previous 5 windows updates (all of October) but this didn’t solve the problem either. On the next reboot I allowed the 5 updates to reinstall and subsequently I can now download from IE. Go figure…… it’s worth a try anyway

4. why? says:

i get a problem it says i have like somthin internet explorer cannot download firefox%20setup%203.0.8.exe from mozilla.c3sl.ufpr.br. internet explorer was not able to open this internet site the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found please try again later it does this EVERY TIME I CAN NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER DOWNLOAD ANY CRAP YOUTUBE WORKS BUT THE FRIGGEN VIDEO DOSENT SHOW UP PLZ GIMME AN ANSWER ITS MAKIN ME REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ANGRY PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!>=(

5. emily says:

Part of your problem is you are all using Internet Explorer, which is one of the WORST web browsers to use. It’s unsafe and allows viruses to get through your firewall too easily. FIREFOX is the best way to go. You can get add-ons to block anything that may harm your computer.
    However I’m also having the same issue with not being able to download stuff off the internet. I’ve tried everything listed here. I can’t think of what I did to make it do this. I’ve been dealing with this for about a month now.

6. adam says:

i have the same problem, mine does not give me a reason for anything, just that it wont download. i use firefox and have done a billion virus scans. i hope someone finds a solution

7. Sootah says:

Are you part of a domain? If so, then they may have the actual security settings set quite high. Fortunately, if this is the case, there’s a really easy way to make FireFox 3 ignore the policy.

So, if this error ever shows up: This download has been blocked by your Security Zone Policy, then here’s what to do –

Open up FF, and type about:config in the address bar, then press enter. You’ll get the below warning, obviously you’ll want to click on the I’ll be careful, I promise button.

A list of preferences should now have appeared. Right click within that list and select New->Boolean, enter the preference name browser.download.manager.skipWinSecurityPolicyChecks and set it to true.

Close Firefox, reopen it, and you should be golden.

8. Rena says:

I’m having the same problem, I have done everything suggested here, on Yahoo!, Google and even Gaia, NOTHING is working to correct this.

I have been trying to fix this for over four hours, I’ve virus scanned it twice; first came back with over 160 infected objects, the second time zero.

My computer–or should I say laptop is an IBM Thinkpad.

-Rena <33

HELP!?!?

9. that guy says:

I’m having the same problem i have been searching for somthing toi help for weeks ive tried everything, nothing has worked :(

10. Ghazal S says:

My PC does not let me download anything from the internet. I tried running my McAfee virus scan AND AVG scan but it does not let me run it. Right now I am trying to download a Dell restore driver but I am not able to do that since nothing can be downloaded.

Do you have any idea of what I can do?

11. Kevin says:

@ Ghazal:

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Mozilla Firefox? Google Chrome? Apple’s Safari?

12. pitts says:

This is a problem that is wide spread. Like a virus. I was reading where all browsers were at rish from an attack that there is not fix for at the moment.
    The mulware caputures your browser and make you click links that you not actually clicking and/or clicks links for you. This thing will even charge your credit card if the info is in your computer.
    Maybe this is an add on the that problem.
    I have done every thing everyone here has done and I am still having the same problem for over two weeks now.
    It has gotten so bad that even my security updates can not update.
    I think someone has figured out how to destroy a lot of computers all at once.

13. Dimi says:

I got the same problem. Perhaps because were some Windows updates. I need the solution.

14. armax says:

I started realizing the same problem when my security updates stopped updating just leaving me the message they can’t connect to the server. I tried downloading some other files from different pages but nothing.

On the other hand I can surf on the internet without any problem and outlook downloads and sends my mails. Apparently it’s not a connection problem and I also double checked through all internet options with a second computer but couldn’t detect any differing configuration.

Anyone any solution?

15. schick says:

I am having all of the same problems. I have internet explorer. I know that it is better to have firefox, but since I can’t download anything, I can’t download firefox either. I have tried numerous combinations to put my security down. None of them allows me to download. However, I had updates to do on internet explorer and something else for my computer that downloaded and installed just fine. I am trying to download skype. Would it work to download it on another computer and save it to a jumpdrive? I just want to be able to use the new webcam I bought, but I can’t download any programs to use it. I have spent hours and hours already trying to figure it out. I have used all the suggestions on this page, along with the suggestions in the troubleshooting for my computer, interenet explorer, and skype. None of them have been any help. Any more suggesions?

16. Teela says:

When I click the “download now” button for any file, a menu pops up and says “your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded” and the only thing I can do is click “ok”. I tried the above suggestion and it didnt work. Email is Twellberg@yahoo.com if you anyone has any comments

17. southernboyuk says:

Over the past weeks I have noticed the same thing – growing, now I cannot download anything. I did manage to adjust the security settings by adding the site for MS updates and have a file downloaded ready for when I reboot, but nothing else works wehn trying to download. This has also affected logging on to other sites which clearly needs something to allow them to work, so some setting or patch is preventing this. I see this situtation has been going on for some months, why are MS not notifying us?

As everyone else – a solution please.

18. southernboyuk says:

Well I have now reset again to default the following and things appear to be working again

To begin, load Internet Explorer. Click Tools->Internet Options->Security once on that page, you’ll need to go through each of the options Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites and reset them to Default. If you have loads of trusted sites shown you can skip re setting this to default.

19. sujithra says:

when i try to download something i get the message internet explorer cannot download please try later why?

20. dave says:

I have not being able to download itunes 9 and sync to ipod touch tryed security enable setting no good need HELP xmas present for children running XP Home???????

21. Derek says:

I seem to be having trouble downloading required things like microsoft .net fireworks 3.5. It keeps saying error. I dont know what to do because I need that and a few other things to even download things like windows messenger and so on so forth.

22. alyy says:

I can no longer download anything on my computer and this happened IMMEDIATELY after i downloaded the new aim. Now the new aim will not connect, my msn (old) will not connect, and i am not able to download a blessed thing.
    Have done multiple virus scans, have checked both the router and firewall settings, as well as my IE and Chrome settings. Everything appears to be in order, except that i still cant use aim/msn or download!
    I have also tried to remove aim from my computer, and that has not worked.
    My computer was going out and downloading just fine before i downloaded the new aim. Please tell me someone can help me!!!

23. Corrinne says:

I’m stressed totally to the max. For over 2 weeks, I’ve been dealing with the same issues. I can’t install or download any fixes. I called microsoft support and they suggested that it was as old norton antivirus. We checked my system and it was there. I could not install the removal tool, so I had a friend put it on a disk and I downloaded it that way. Still didn’t work. I still can’t download or install anything or watch any video clips. But they did say it was fixing alot of other computers. So here is the address to get the download. Maybe it will help someone. http://www.symantec.com/nrt

24. robin says:

same problems if anybody figures out how to fix it please e-mail me thanks

25. ashley says:

My computer is similar to “arman”‘s -
    my internet and security settings are all fine but it jus wont download , it used to but now it doesnt. I tried evrything. I have a dell laptop with Windows Vista.

26. Tom L says:

Same problem… can’t down load anything, some sites will not let me upload either. If i try i get either an error message ‘can’t connect to the server or the site is down’ – or simply nothing happens.
    Have the advisors from this site got nothing to say or do about this? It seems that this virus/problem appeared over a year ago now and still no answers?
    Hoping for a solution.
    Tom

27. Kimberley says:

I was having the same problem and I was able to fix my problem by using the http://www.symantec.com/nrt.

It removed everything fron norton. I did not reinstall since this was the problem all along.

I was able to install my updates and now I am able to download. Whooo Hooooo!!!!

Kim

28. cynthia says:

i cannot download cannot do anything to fix virus help me

29. scott says:

my computer allows me to download however it won’t let me open the download, everytime I try and open the download it tries repeatedly to open an internet page, it keeps on failing and keeps on doing so until i delete the download!

30. Giridharan says:

Me too have same problem i cannot download anything from the internet and my security level is medium plus when i click to download my IE get freeze and it never allow me to do anything until i close using control alt and delete

31. Olivia says:

I am having the same problem as Gazzale i think it was? Anyways it wont let me run McAfee and im trying to download a trial of Windows 2010 and it wont let me I’ve noticed this for about 2 months ..
    *XOXO Olivia XOXO* <3

32. eiger3970 says:

Good forum! This is one of the few forums where my google search for the problem found an answer that worked!
    I went to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Security, clicked the ‘Internet’ icon, unticked ‘Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer), clicked ‘Custom level…’, scrolled down to Downloads and clicked the File Download radio button, ‘Enable’!

33. Master Rod says:

Check the internet connection. Some viruses and malware set up your browser to go to a proxy. In the Explorer and Firefox, the setting button is No Proxy. Check that first. If you find that the lan connection settings have a proxy setting selected with some sort of URL or IP address, write it down, remove it and see if it has effect.
    I hope to find one of these virus makers in a dark alley someday so as to vent my anger, vengeance, and provide a beating of a life time.

34. Erika says:

i am running on windows 7, and i cant download a single thing from Internet explorer, Firefox, even Google Chrome. i tried going on a different computer and emailing files to myself, but sometimes they will not work. and whenever i try to open AVG, it will not, so i cant scan for any errors. at first i just thought that internet explorer was the problem, because i am using internet explorer 9 beta, but when i switched to Firefox and Google chrome(i emailed them to myself), it still wont work. help!!!!

35. Wilson says:

I’m having same download problems – get Download cancelled,I hit retry and it shows on the download but nowhere else and I cannot open it. Have tried all the suggestions above here without any success. If anyone has anyother help please let me know hazelbank@btconnect.com

36. Is it safe to turn the setting to lowest as long as I have virus protection?

37. X.xNaomix.X says:

I tried everything u said to do ( i have IE ) ad it STILL didn’t work!! can’t download anything and I really wanted this new song too…PLEASE HELP ME?!

38. what a drag says:

i tried evrything i cant fix this… my pc dont want to download anything plz help

39. Kevin Souter says:

Where are you trying to download from. What operating system is being used, what anti-virus/spyware program is in use, etc?

40. Kevin Souter says:

Need more info in order to determine what’s wrong.

41. J11485633 says:

I still have this problem…I used to run AVG but now have Windows Security Essentials via torrent.
    I can view YouTube so it’s not a problem with Flash just can’t open and install what I download. I have Google Chrome now but can’t uninstall IE 9 it doesn’t show up in “remove updates”. I open the file directory and theres no uninstall file plus can’t delete cause I need permission from “Trustedinstaller”, any help is greatly appreciated.
    OH! almost forgot, already tried tinkering with security settings on internet options and firewall settings.
    Operating_System = Windows 7 {64-bit}
    Internet_Provider = Internet Explorer 9 & GoogleChrome
    Anti-virus_Software = Windows Security Essentials

42. kevin says:

im having the same damn problem for around a week now.
    i try and download anything, like literally anything off the internt and it wont even be able to complete the download. like i really dont no what is wrong i even restored my computer to factory settings and its still doing it. please if some1 no’s how to fix this bullshit email me at kevinosullivan01@aol.com. please, i really need help.

43. kevin says:

and i virus scanned and nothing came up, so thats not it either…

44. AP says:

I’m running Vista 64bit on a Toshoba Satellite laptop about a year old. I run IE 8, and Firefox, and sometimes Chrome. Thank goodness I had already downloaded all of them a month ago. I play A LOT of games, and I have downloaded over 800 games on this computer with NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. All of a sudden, about 10 days ago, I couldn’t download ANYTHING, and I couldn’t upload upgrades – even to MS Defender. I have been running AVG Virus Protection (paid for, not the free one). It has never been able to find a virus if there is one. I was told by Toshiba that I would have to Restore to “Out of the Box” state. However, I read a post here that said he did that and still has the problem. I certainly don’t want to lose half of the programs I have on my C: drive if it’s not going to solve the problem.

PLEASE – SOMEBODY – HELP

45. zaboo says:

hello guys my internet explorer wansnt allowing me to download any thing not even allowing me to play youtube videos and finally i got the sollution. go to tools/internet options/advanced then all the way down lastly check and hit reset. and there you go hope it would be helpful who hving same problem as i had :p

46. Norvel says:

when i try to download somthing i click on the download button then the download pop up thingy pops up and then disappears…anyone know how i can fix this????

47. thischick1234567890 says:

This Is Driving me insane i wont let me see facebook or see videos or download any thing to hellp it
    WHAT WILL I DO?!?!?
    HELP!!!

48. I can’t even get to the tools to fix anything. I can’t download a lot of sites including questions to ask internet exployer. I am about to lose my mind. I probably can’t even open a e-mail from you so don’t know what to do.

49. Taylor says:

This didn’t work for me. Actually it did not do nothing for me. My laptop is still being mean to me. Every time i try to download it keeps saying the same thing ‘Your Curren Security Settings do not allow this file to be downloaded’ and there is another thing. My laptop is only on for thirty minutes when it is offline,it logs off right after thirty minutes. Not only that it is not receiving any clean-ups or scans. It is down right refusing. I need help!

50. Mike says:

Hi
    I just installed Internet Explorer into my system with windows XP, and the add-ons option is not allowing me to download or view videos on Youtube, how do I resolve this problem..
    Pls give me steps

51. PouTSiDWnaS says:

i have the same problems i can download files but when i click to install it keeps saying internet connection not found,although i can browse and send e-mails etc with no problem.The problem seems to be in installing programs i download,anyone has any suggestions?

52. sophie says:

excuse me,but can someone tell me how you do it with windows? it wont let me download anythink,and i really want minecraft

53. MrNo1Guide says:

My problem is not having to see “Tools” on the top of my Internet Window. It doesn’t have anything on top, and it doesn’t even sat Internet Explorer as a name.. Do I have to install something from a disk?

54. said says:

very vey well…. many many thanks … my problem solved

55. kenneth says:

this is also what you can do. if your downlaoding from the internet you can do the same steps but go to trusted sites and type in the site name. be sure to uncheck the little box. then press ok. hope this works. correct me if im wrong.

56. Every time I click download to down load document or video there is a message that pop up and tells me,that internet download management has expired 30 days ago andinternets explore is exiting.Then I am to to give my name, email address and serial number. Inever knew that I have a serial number. What should I re-register my IDM.

Name:Thomas Kekeao,Email address:tkekeao@gmail.com

57. wHAT IS MY SERIAL NUMBER AS I NEVER NEW THAT I HAVE A SERIAL NUMBER AND WHAT SHOULD I DO TO RE-REGISTER MY IDM FOR FREE DOWNLOADING.

THOMAS

58. Thomas says:

Very time I press download icon this message is displayed on the screen.”Internet Download MNger has not been registerede for 30 days.Trail period is over and IDM is exiting…”Please enter your registeration detail name, email address and Serial Number -in the corresponding field and push ok button”.the response I receiverelate to serial number. I don’t even no my serial for that Trail IDM.My question is What is my serial number?

59. Thomas says:

I do want to download documents and informations relating my to field of work.How can download documents and other materials from the internet.

60. MGR says:

POP/SMPT

61. Arun Choudhary says:

only pdf file downloading

62. Faye says:

I cant download anything and this has been going on for months. I am at the end of my rope. I have tried everything and not helps. I have a dell laptop inspirion 1420 with vista. Help

63. osama says:

i want face play

64. go to this link and read last reply but windows tech team. i also had this problem downloading maplestory. im 16 years old and im good with computers and its been epic fails, time after time but i found the perfect solution… enjoy ^^

read last reply and change settings exactly to his. its okay if a thing or 2 turns red. after download, you can always change back. and this prevents virus run throughs while downloading as well…

your welcome guys ^^

65. techie says:

Found this very good workaround:

Enable downloads blocked by Security Zone Policy

This happens because Firefox honors your Windows security settings for downloading applications and other potentially unsafe files from the Internet. To resolve this problem, use one of the solutions given below.

Bypass Windows Security Policy check

You can add the preference, browser.download.manager.skipWinSecurityPolicyChecks and set it to true. This will bypass the Windows Security Policy check and allow you to download executable files. To add this new preference:

In the Location bar(firefox), type about:config and press Enter.
    The about:config “This might void your warranty!” warning page may appear. Click I’ll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.

Right-click anywhere in the list of preferences.
    In the context menu, select New then select Boolean. The “New boolean value” dialog box will appear.
    Enter the preference name browser.download.manager.skipWinSecurityPolicyChecks in the text field and click OK.
    In the “Enter boolean value” box that appears, select true and click OK.

After trying all sorts of setting in chrome and IE9
    turning off firewalls , antivirus , defaulting security zone settings etc etc

this IS THE only thing that enabled downloads to work
    its for mozilla
    works for chrome and firefox although has to be inputted through firefox

IE9 still refuses to allow any downloads due to security settings

100% working in seconds

66. Tara says:

When i try to download itunes it says that it was downloaded, but it wasnt. I have tried everything.
    Please help!!!

67. SHREASH PANDEY says:

I AM ANABLE TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING IN MY COMPUTER

68. Lauren says:

Mine does this also :( I restored my HP Pavilion g6 laptop to its factory settings earlier today and now IE won’t even update itself to the newer version of IE, it says something about it hasnt got a signiture or something, I have no clue what that means.. Need help!!!

69. Lauren says:

Yeah, basically it just won’t download ANYTHING.

70. Aww says:

Okay, so a few days ago, Google Chrome refused to open. Every time I click it from the desk-top, task-bar, or even the program menu my mouse shows the loading sign for about five seconds and nothing happens. So I’ve had to use Internet Explorer which DOES NOT have even a stupid flash-player. Everytime I try downloading something, it asks me to put in an administrator password for an account I never created (and there password is no password, the password is blank) and then, about five minutes later, it doesn’t download it, or when I download it succecfully it says the file isn’t there or it has been deleted when I’m staring or using the “missing” file. ran a virus scan EIGHT times!! 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0!!! I am using Windows 7 on a Sony Intel Inside Pentium Seven.

71. vramana says:

a warning coming as “Internet DownloadManager has been registered with a fake serial number or the serial number has been blocked”—how to vacate this message permanently when down load a site from internet?????????? please help me

72. gene says:

i also have the same problem , hate to say this but i’am glad that i’am not alone ha , hope this made u feel better. still lookin for some sorta fix if i happen to run across it i will post for everyone. and whoever finds it please post for everyone else thanks.

73. rachel says:

m having d same problem…. every time i try to download anything, it just won’t download with a message that your internet download manager has expired.!!! i m really f****d up by this nuisance..!! plzzzzz help meee… :”(

74. Mano says:

Hi dude(s) , try tis one , it works ..

whenever u click a “download” button , it will show u a “Save” Dialog Box which contains 2 options

1.Open With
    2. Save as

Select “Open with” Option and Click OK.

Then, in ur browser , Select Tools->Downloads

Step1:Download List will open ,
    Step2:right click the file which u downloaded with “open with” Option ,
    Step3:Select “Open Containing Folder”, it will take u to the “temporary Internet Files” folder , where ur downloaded file will be stored , but only temporarily,
    Step4:copy tat file to ur hard disk location , Ta.. Da…

If u have any more problems contact me to my mail id kjmano_1661991@yahoo.in

75. Jill says:

Hi there. I think I can solve this problem. I use Windows 7 and my family has installed the “Site Administrative” activation function on my computer. I know all schools and familys are trying to protect computers from being destroyed or get so many virusus. If you goto Control Panel and Internet Options just click on “enable” under the Downloads section under that box. You should then refresh the computer and hopefully that will work. I never download anything any more because my Recovery driver is full which WE can never figure out how those files got there!!! Because when I use to download updated programs like Java, Adobe Flash Player and Itunes, We are like “What? What ya download?” I say nothing. So I dunno how it got into the other driver. C drive is the most places I use to keep my downloads. Well, in a few months, We might get my PC cleaned out somewhere and restore everything back to normal like from the store. Once I download all the upgrades of the programs I use a lot, then it should run faster and better and more protected. I don’t know what programs they use in school, but yeah. I see your point guys. I never had another driver filled in my life. I had my old computer cleaned up along time ago, and it ran fine. Even tho you guys would have to purchase McAFee and Norton CD (instead of downloading) to check for scans which I have been. So yeah, I don’t know much about programing computers, and I do not want my laptop to crash again like my old Deskstop did. So viruses are bad. I would suggest, not to download anything if you want your computer to run safely.

76. byvely says:

why my laptop cant download anything… someone can tell on my fb “byvely Genk” im from malaysia…. hope any one wan help me….. Gbu

77. innocourage says:

Halo Guys,am using Dell A860 Vostro,Windows Vista Operating Sysstem,
    If i try to download anthing using internt explorer,i get the message:YOU CURRENT INTERNET SECURITY DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD ANTHING.

Can someone help me how to get through//you can email me@ masumbikainnocourage@facebook.com.

78. Maze says:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! This is nice! Now, I will be able to use whatever sites i want and prove for those dumb IT workers that education has no limit or stop stations. hhahahahaahah

79. E-Man says:

I need help whenever I want to download something mostly a NDS game it says that Internet Explorer can’t do it and its timed-out or something, and I really want to play Pokemon SoulSilver on my NDS emulator.

I use Internet Explorer and keep trying and trying sometimes getting longer or shorter with download percentage, could someone explain to me what the hell is going on?!

80. Amber says:

Okay, I have ran my anti-virus through 3 times. And I still seem to not be able to download or update anything. This all started when my laptop randomly turned off spontaniously. I have tried almost all the things above but they have seemed to not have worked. I have a Dell Ultrabright Widscreen Gateway. If anyone seem’s to have found out how to get rid of this or how to fix it. Please post it. Help :(

81. Elizabeth says:

I am currently using my hostel LAN, but they have blocked all the sites containing videos.Now i can’t even download any videos,movies or softwares.Even youtube is blocked , i can’t even watch any videos.Please…..help me………….guys…………

82. Karla says:

how i can put the security settings down?

83. Sobott says:

It’s work, Thank you!!!!

84. judy says:

Sobott,
    What worked for you?

85. raulis3 says:

My computer is not allowing me to download anything. How can I fix that. I’ve been trying to download some screensavers.

86. Sara says:

I’ve read all these posts and no one has answered. Is this just a place to post complaints?! I have the same problem. Everytime I try to download anything (including antivirus protection) it goes extremely slow,then never get’s past like 20% downloaded before it says it timed out. I have reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled windows xp and the drivers. I have upgraded to 4gb ram. I have never had a problem with this until recently. I can’t get malware or spyware protection on the computer to check to see if I have spyware or malware. I know it’s not my internet connection, because I also have a laptop and have NO problems with it. They are both Dell. I have broadband. I connect through a Linksys (which I have also tried bypassing). I need to know how to fix this. Please…Im desperate! I don’t have money but I make the best chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies ever and will send them to you if you can fix my computer so I can download.

Thanks much!
    Sara (A Mainah)

87. OKTOH says:

Hi there

Your Router having some malfunctions, you may try to replace a new one and test it again

88. hari says:

thanx…… my prob is resolved……………

89. MikeTheAngel says:

it dosent work in my computer (mine is a windows xp professional from korean) so i cant understand it but i followed directorly and it was right and its not working it kept saying we cannot find the file to download so can u plz help me i have a youtube account called Starcraft2LovesHusky i promise them to post videos of starcraft 2 of me but since i cant download i need help oh and the computer for the USB idk how to do that so plz help me.
    -MikeTheAngel Please Help

90. yuvaraj says:

hi… my computer is not downloading anything from the internet….

91. selva says:

when i downloading any video programe, my computer need to launch application, i want directly download the videos how to solve this programe

92. Stephen says:

I believe this problem may be related to a folder permissions issue caused by network sharing. I looked up the folder permissions on the folder my downloads default to download to and noticed that the folder is owned by a computer generated user name made up of characters and numbers, i.e. not the administrator, and not my user profile name. I plan to log on as administrator and set the folder owner to my profile name. As it stands my profile name is listed in the list of permitted users but only has review rights. This means that the download process has no permission to right to this folder. The messaging from Firefox doesn’t report this issue well. Does this sound likely the problem others have as well?

93. Mr qeyre says:

my laptop can’t download anything,therefore I confused the same problem I’ve, if any one have solution please help me 10x for ur support

94. Akip says:

hey, I have the same problem too. My computer can’t download anything. I am trying to download with any browser but its still won’t download. I have following all of the instructions in this page but its won’t download too. Please help me!!!
    If you have the answer please email me at: gantengakip@yahoo.com

95. Aaron says:

I Use Intenet explorer 9 and Windows 7, Every time I try to download something , I get an error message, Please Help me!!!

96. Naramadha says:

this still did’nt solve my problem, my computer still will NOT download anything, it won’t even download a virus scan! Please help me! If you have any answers please e-mail me. thanks

97. Kevin Souter says:

Have you tried another browser? You can always download a copy of Chrome or FireFox to a USB drive using another computer and then install the alternate browser to the machine where IE is being a hoser.

98. Jack says:

i cant download anything. everytime i try it starts download then gets to (mostly) 99% then stopps (sometimes less than 99%) then stays stopped then fails. even downloading a tiney microsoft word file of the internet won’t work. please help me. :( please email me at jackrickards@hotmail.co.uk

99. Ira says:

Wow, it works. Someone mentioned something about uninstalling windows updates so I did a system restore as far back as possible and can now download again. Now I just have to reinstall my drivers all over again.